Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bathroom Makeover

I'm so glad you all liked the Valentine wreaths. I usually get my inspiration from other blogs or websites. The burlap wreath can be found here. The hot pink heart wreath evolved from an original idea to the final product after much frustration over the "roses" not turning out the way i'd like them.

...Now it's time for a new wreath. Let me know if you guys find any cute/ inexpensive ideas. I wonder if our neighbors think we're weird that our heart wreath is still up. haha

My time lately has been consumed with re-doing our master bathroom/ bedroom. We were lucky enough to find a home that was freshly painted not long before we purchased it. I was able to patch a few holes and start decorating once we moved in. After over a year, I've decided that our room and bathroom needed some attention. While our room is still a work in progress, I did manage to finally hang the 6 ft shelf (with the help of my mom) that I made at least 6 months ago and get that decorated. It does a great job at warming up our room.

In deciding what to do with our bathroom, I decided that it needed a new color in addition to a few decor items. Thanks Karen for the paint color name...it was exactly the look I was going for. We love it now...much more inviting.

Before:

After:I took down the towel rod and switched it out for hooks. I think we're going to like this much better. The rod has yet to prove useful. I also recaulked our shower and made the curtain. Yay for a new sewing machine for Christmas from mom & dad. This was my first project to be able to use it. The completely finished product is pending a new set of cream towels that match. All in due time. :) All I know is that painting is hard work and takes a LONG time from start (prep) to finish (touch ups). It's time for a short break from projects.

2 comments:

Sherri Romney said...

I love that you get ideas from Dejavu-crafts. I know the girl that does that blog and I stalk it like crazy too. That is why we both had corn husk wreaths I am guessing Hahahah! ;)
Your shelf looks fabulous. ReallY!
And I love the curtain you sewed in the bathroom! The paint looks great and I love the hooks for the towels too. Projects ARE hard work. I just re did my bedroom in all-white shabby chic. It was hard but I love it now adn I feel like I'm sleeping in the clouds...haha. Ok. Lame. I know. Anyway. Love and miss you.
SHerri

Willy in Chile said...

This is way better than I imagined it! I love it Ash. Can't wait to see you guys :)