Friday, April 10, 2009

Conference Weekend

I absolutely love love love conference. This conference was no exception. Every since I went up for conference in the fall of 2007 for my first time, i've had a greater appreciation and love for our Prophet and apostles that the Lord has sent to lead us. They really are inspired men who speak to God. We didn't make it up to Utah this time...but hopefully in the fall. :)

While the men were at their Priesthood meeting Saturday night, I was able to round up a few of my girlfriends that were still in town to go out to dinner to GECKO GRILL! I love this place. However, it took almost an hour and a half to get in! ...they told me 20 min originally. Needless to say, I got quite impatient and ended up sitting on the concrete out front after going to talk to the hostess a couple of times. I've been working on becoming more patient, but I still have my breaking points...and this was one of them. The hostess opened the door to call another party and while I was still sitting on the ground I said, "Just call Ashley, we've been here for over an hour!" ...i'm sure that was good for their business. LOL But we got in a few minutes after that. It was worth the wait.Above: The five of us- me, Brooke, Desi, Shantell, and Sunny

Below: Remember School of Rock?...When the students wanted to get into Battle of the Bands so they acted like terminally ill kids from a hospital? It worked for them so why couldn't it work for us?? :)

This was the Friday of conference weekend. Trevor was able to score us sweet seats at a Spring training game! Thanks Pres. Palmer! I have never sat that close before...the players were lifesize and you could even see their faces. We were originally supposed to go with Trev's brother and his girlfriend but they were unable to go so my parents benefitted from the deal. Yay for a double!

6 comments:

everyday katie said...

Oh my word...you are cute all the time. I don't know how you do it.

I'm glad you're enjoying conference so much. I felt exactly the same as a young single adult and even an early married. I never got as much out of conference as I did at that point in my life. Three crazy kids are a determent to my spiritual welfare. I miss getting that much out of conference. I sat through all 4 sessions, but can't tell you who talked about what. At least it's printed in next months Ensign.

Unknown said...

Ashley Girl!! Hurrary for successful blog stalking :) you're so cute!!! Love you!!

katielizabethawkes said...

Mmm baseball...makes me excited for a certain outing in like....9 days :)

Woot.

Sherri Romney said...

I love Conference too! It made me miss home to see you with all the girls!!! And I miss eating there too... Oh and BTW you and Trevor are adorable!!!!!! How fun that your parents got to go too. Miss you!

Jill Rosenhan said...

You and your man are so cute! Conference was so great!

Sherri Romney said...

I got the curlers at Sally's. And I just cut my hair a little and even though it was a quarter inch it feels like I cut alot more... I miss you Ash!