My summer adventures started off with 2 sessions as an EFY counselor in Flagstaff, AZ. Holy Cow! What an amazing experience this was. I can definitely agree with statement, "EFY counselors are the most over worked and under paid employees out there." The days started around 5:30am and ended around 12 if you're lucky...but usually it was later- especially if you had girls that didn't want to go to bed. However, everything was totally worth it!
So many adventures happened these two weeks it would taken hours to write them all but here were a few highlights.
1. I felt like i learned more than the participants! (i know what you're thinking..."that's not how it's supposed to be!" lol)
2. My girls were all so great...and i even knew some of them from home.
3. My brother was up there my second week for his first time! And Collin's sister was up there the other week!
4. I got to play tug-of-war with 2 of my girls' towel under the door. They put it there to block the light so they didn't have to go to sleep so i attempted to pull it out through the crack between the door and the floor! ...i failed in this attempt to pull it out because they had the other end on the other side of the door! I had to knock and tell the to "come get your towel before i steal it". DISCLAIMER: I'm not mean...we actually became better friends after this.
5. One of the participants there was a kid i used to babysit...weird!
6. I had a set of twins each week! Both completely opposite. The first week we named the set "EFY angels" because they were so sweet. And the second week the twins didn't want to be there...sad day!
7. My testimony was strengthened
8. I could be insane at the dances and the kids thought i was super cool! :)
9. Pizza night was always good to hear about all the girls little weak long crushes on the boys in their company! Great topic seeing i always had 14-15 year old! lol
10. I met some awesome new friends!
So so many great memories. Here are just a few pictures!
1 comment:
Seriously...I had a WAY better time as a counselor than a participant. You get so much out of it. It made me really want to serve a mission.
I bet those girls LOVED you!
Post a Comment